Blockchain in 2020: Time to Push, Pause, or Pivot?
When: Thursday, April 16
Time: 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM EST
Where: Online Webinar
This webinar offers thought-provoking discussion on the pros and cons, the hype and speculation, as well as the prevalent beliefs surrounding the entire blockchain ecosystem. The primary focus of the webinar is to discuss the true state of blockchain deployments in 2020 so that you are able to make sound “push, pause, or pivot” decisions surrounding your blockchain initiatives.
This webinar also discusses the technological and sociological paradigm shifts that have been taking place since the publishing of the “Bitcoin Whitepaper” eleven years ago, and it does so with the aim to incite a critical thinking approach to learning and understanding some notable blockchain implementations in government and industry.
What you will learn:
- How to discuss and understand “blockchain” when there’s no prevalent definition.
- What are the different types of blockchains and use cases?
- How Bitcoin (the protocol) and bitcoin (the coin) impact the entire blockchain ecosystem.
- Is there a need for cryptocurrencies in blockchains?
- Behind each of the 9000+ cryptocurrencies, there’s a project.
- What are some of the problems that these projects are trying to solve? Which ones are killer apps?
- U.S. Government Blockchain Projects – A few notable mentions!
Webinar is Free to AIM Council Members
About the Presenter: Gustavo A. Calderón
Gustavo A. Calderón founded his company, Acquisition Workforce, Inc. (AWi) on January 20, 1998 following an experience-rich 13-year career with Bechtel, Andersen Consulting, James Martin & Co, and Ernst & Young. AWi provides Full Life cycle Programmatic and Acquisition Support Services to federal and state agencies and industry. In addition to his three decades of experience in management consulting, advisory services, customer-serving roles, and spearheading consumer product ventures, Gustavo enjoys speaking at International symposiums and conferences on entrepreneurship, business, and technology. Gustavo has also been teaching for thirty years to a myriad of audiences in university, corporate, and government settings topics ranging from technology to the entire curriculum of the Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC-P/PM). More recently his teaching and professional focus has been on Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and related technologies.